Ipsun Solar is seeking an Inspection Coordinator to join our team! The Inspection Coordinator requires strong communication skills with customers and is responsible for scheduling inspections with the local permit office and the client, with a high focus on passing inspections and providing a positive experience for both. This includes providing clear communication and organizational skills including the ability to coordinate multiple schedules, effectively determine any concerns with jobs and provide a strong inspection packet to meet varying standards of all authorizing jurisdictions or counties (AHJs).
● Reviews completed jobs for readiness to ensure there should be no issues with final inspection approval by reviewing site photos, reviewing plans, and reviewing additional required documents.
● Prepares the site for inspection by opening equipment, setting up a ladder for attic access if needed, and providing access to interior of location with coordination from the homeowner as well as all punch-list items have been completed prior to scheduled inspection.
● Willingness to make minor electrical updates (crimping grounds, etc) to assist with passed inspection.
● Creates a punch-list of items for crew or maintenance team that need to be completed prior to inspection or upon a failed inspection report.
● Communicates with Residential Construction Manager and/or Safety Manager to assist in quality control of installation and report any concerns while documenting correctly in CRM.
● Obtains plan of action for job completion from the construction manager and reviews with goal of passing inspection.
● Review deal stages for any issues or discrepancies that would inhibit successfully passing inspections.
● Maintains regular customer communication on status of inspection including scheduling and outcome as well as scheduling repairs needed prior to inspection.
● Tracks necessary failed inspections to notify managers for necessary improvements to photos, plans, or installs.
● Provides customer regular updates on the status and scheduling of inspections.
● Establishes and maintains professional working relationships with AHJs and other governing bodies to promote trust and clear expectations of the company's quality of work.
● Notates actions taken on jobs and any communication in CRM.
● Schedules inspections with customers, AHJ and inspection sitter.
● Associates degree or equivalent work experience.
● Basic knowledge for solar and/or energy is preferred.
● Basic power tool knowledge.
● Proven ability to build positive relationships with different localities/jurisdictions and communicate effectively with different teams.
● Ability to work in multiple platforms including our CRM (Hubspot) tool and the AHJ tool for scheduling.
● Ability to understand design concepts and permitting guidelines.
● Ability to drive long distances and have a clean driving record.
● Thrives in a fast-paced, startup environment.
A full benefits package is included: Medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401K with employer match, PTO and Paid Holidays. You will be part of a team with the following characteristics: a Passion for sustainability, mission driven, intelligent, highly engaged, committed, responsible, energetic, honest, and positive.