Service and O&M Crew Lead
Ipsun Solar comes from the Latin Ipsum, meaning “your own” – and we are motivated every day to help people and companies generate their own power from the sun to fight climate change.
Ipsun solar maintains a portfolio of PV installations serving residential and commercial clients across the DMV area. We are seeking new employees with years of experience installing solar to help build our growing Solar Operations and Maintenance division. This person will work with the O&M Division Manager to survey potential new jobs, take service calls, and troubleshoot issues with systems.
The successful candidate can show they know how to troubleshoot systems both independently and sometimes with support from back at the office. They should be able to hustle to clear out service calls, maintaining good coordination with project management team, and get stellar customer service points.
If this is you, join us to be part of a company that stands for quality!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on residential solar, commercial solar and solar farms that are roof mounted or ground mounted.
- Troubleshooting electrical, control equipment faults, monitoring issues,...
- Replacement/installation of hardware, PV modules, inverters, monitoring equipment and any other component
- Prepare reports, mostly through automated tools, if needed to comply with deliverables in O&M contracts
- Help in all areas of preventative and corrective maintenance as directed by manager with minimal supervision
- Document completion of work and cleanup of job site
- Attend training sessions on equipment as provided by the manufacturer and approved by manager.
- Use of equipment and resources in accordance with instructions provided by the company
- Adherence to Company policies, quality, environmental health and safety policies and good housekeeping practices
- Weekend on call duties for emergency response to significant faults
- Attend mandatory training sessions on new products, installation methodology and safety
- Additional duties required as needed
Qualifications and Skills
- 5 years of solar installation experience required
- Electrical experience in solar required
- Commissioning experience required
- Must be able to show troubleshooting knowledge of multiple current and no longer available solar PV system equipment types
- Curiosity to figure out why things are not going wrong and get to the root cause of the problem
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Ability to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold, crawl spaces, etc.)
- Must be willing and able to climb ladders, stairs, work on rooftops and able to work on your feet for long periods of time
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office programs
- High school diploma or GED required
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Ability to read and comprehend electrical and mechanical schematics, technical manuals, procedures and regulations
- Must have a valid state driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal, driving and drug screen
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
- Electrical knowledge/training experience of at least 3 years
- May perform required travel for extended periods at a time
- Must have good organization, communication, analytical, planning and customer service skills
- Must be flexible, be able to adapt to new situations, have self-control and have high integrity
- Must have flexibility to work during weekends and be available on call at all times
- Competent skills using Microsoft office software’s like Gmail, Google Drive, Excel, Word
Compensation And Benefits
- Position is full-time, based out of the Washington D.C. area
- Health, Dental, Life Insurances, Optional Vision and Accident insurance
- 401(k) after 1 year with Ipsun
- 15 days PTO accrues over time